Wednesday, December 10, 2014

12/8/2014 - Start of Transfer 4 in Taniyama!

Hey! Sorry this is so late.  Yesterday we had our huge training in Fukuoka where the WHOLE mission went, about 250 missionaries. We got to take a shink on the way there, and took a 5 hour bus ride on the way home. It was quite the day! I also got to see people from my MTC (Missionary Training Center in Provo, UT) district, who I haven't seen since July! Brother Heaton, the Director of the MTC, came to speak with us. His daughter was in this mission and she just ended, so he came to pick her up and train us! He is awesome and I learned so much! No iPads yet... maybe in February or something....

So... TRANSFERS! I will stay in Taniyama for another transfer so at least till January 15th! I was so sad to say goodbye to Kuroki Shimai.   She also ended her mission. We worked SO hard, saw so many miracles, and grew so close in just one transfer!! I'm gonna miss her so much! But I'm so blessed to have another Nihonjin companion!!!! Her name is Kashiwa Shimai and she is from Tokyo. She's the youngest and has been a member her whole life. She is on her 8th transfer and is super cool! She only knows a little English, and we mainly speak Japanese, which is way good!

On Kuroki Shimai's last day, we were housing and no one was listening and we were feeling a little down. So we decided to pray so that someone would at least listen, and then we saw a sweet miracle! We knocked on a door and a young man answered, probably around 25. We asked him if he'd ever met the missionaries before and he said yes!!! He also said that he already had a Book of Mormon. He was was interested about our message about the purpose of life and we made a return appointment with him! That was such a cool answer to our prayer!

Mana Chan! She is doing well, and continues to come to church every week! She's still a little worried about her baptismal date on the 27th, because she has huge tests she has to study for. We are continuing to help her build her faith about the Book of Mormon and Jospeh Smith. As her faith is strengthened, we know her desire to want to follow Jesus Christ's example will also be strengthened! Please keep her in your prayers!

I am so excited for Christmas!  That awesome He is the Gift video on lds.org is amazing! Everyone should watch it! We ask people on the streets what they think the meaning of Christmas is and it's a good way to introduce what our church is all about! Jesus Christ is the center of our church and we know that He lives! I know that He is our Savior! I love Japan and the people I get to meet every day!!!

Love you!

Klein Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment