Monday, November 3, 2014

11/2/2014 Amazing Week!

Hello! This week was amazing! Mayu was baptized and confirmed!!!! The service was great and she said she felt a warm feeling when she came out of the water- the SPIRIT!!!! We are working on getting her a calling and our first after baptism lesson with her is tomorrow! I am soooo happy for her! She was glowing after the baptism it was so amazing!!! Our new investigator, Mana Chan, came to the baptism and she said she really liked it!
Mana Chan is 15 and she is great. We met her on transfer day and before our first real lesson, she read 20 pages from the Book of Mormon and came to Eikaiwa! She has a Christian background and really wants to believe in God. She is a golden investigator! She also came to our branch's Halloween Party- she's so amazing. At Eikaiwa I asked her where she would like to go in America she said, `I want to go where Nephi went.` MY HEART LITERALLY STOPPED BEATING. This girl is amazing and she already has such a great love for the Book of Mormon. Our first lesson was about the Book of Mormon and prayer and she also asked lots about baptism, which we were more than happy to explain to her!

The Halloween Party was a huge success, we had like 35 nonmembers come, lots from our kids and adult Eikaiwa classes! It was way fun and Kuroki Shimai and I also found a new investigator during the party! She has an interest in English, and she agreed to let us come to her house this week to tell her about what we do as missionaries! So awesome!

Also, yesterday,Yamashita Shimai`s husband came to church! She was baptized in August and is already an amazing missionary to those is her family who have not been baptized yet. We are trying to set up a lesson with him!

On Wednesday we visited a less active, Hasegawa Kyodai, who lives super far away. He has depression and we really wanted to show our love for him. Well, it took 3 1/2 hours to bike there and 2 more hours to bike home!!! It was a crazy adventure and overall we biked around 45 km (about 28 mi.). It was crazy because we had to go up a few huge mountains. It was SO worth it. His wife was so happy we came. We heart attacked their door and gave him some treats and a card. So once we got to their neighborhood, their house didnt show up on the phone's GPS, 'cause we were in the middle of nowhere. None of the houses had numbers, either, which didn't help. We decided to just knock on a random person's door and ask for help and when we knocked, the Hasegawas answered! The Lord literally led us right to their house! That was an amazing miracle that I'll never forget. 

Sorry this e-mail has so many exclamation points, I just love missionary work so much- this week was absolutely amazing, it couldnt have gone any better. I'm looking forward to another great week! I love my mission so much and I know that we have a Father in Heaven who is looking out for us each and every day. He knows and cares about us so much and will help us in ways we never would have imagined. I know this gospel is true! Love you all and take care!

Love,
Klein Shimai

The pics won't attach, im so sad!  I'll try again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment